The UNBA Expert Council on Accreditation and Certification on issues related to advocates’ continuous training (hereinafter – “the Expert Council”) was formed by the Bar Council of Ukraine as the UNBA standing collegial body acting with the aim of organizational and methodological support of accreditation of advocates’ training events and organizers of such events, certification of persons admitted to participation in such events as speakers, lecturers, trainers or experts, and adoption of decisions on accreditations and certifications.
The Expert Council performs the following functions:
- Coordination of work of regional bar councils on training of advocates;
- Conduct of training events for advocates together with the BCU, regional bar councils, Higher Qualification and Disciplinary Commission of the Bar, regional qualification and disciplinary commissions of the bar, regional training centres for advocates;
- Establishment of the procedure and forms of advocates’ continuous training;
- Providing guidelines and accreditation standards for the development by the higher education institutions of III and VI levels of the State accreditation of professional training programs for advocates and accreditation of such programs;
- Development of criteria (conditions) and standards of accreditation and certification;
- Establishment of procedure for accreditation of training events and their organizers as well as certification of persons allowed to participate at such events as speakers, lecturers, trainers or experts;
- Examination of materials and professional programs submitted by legal and natural persons for accreditation or certification;
- Accreditation of training events for advocates and of their organizers, approving (accrediting) programs of training events;
- Certification of persons admitted to participation in training events for advocates as speakers, lecturers, trainers or experts;
- Following the results of accreditation or certification, issue of certificates to organizers of training events for advocates and persons admitted to participation in such events as speakers, lecturers, trainers or experts;
- Performance of other functions related to organization and conduct of training activities for advocates.
Chairman of the Expert Council
Members of the Expert Council